TAFE qualifications are available from Certificate level through to Diploma and Associate Degrees. TAFE qualifications give you:
- Industry training and practical skills which employers want.
- Pathways to university study - many courses provide advanced standing to a university degree.
- Great subject choices - over 250 courses in study areas including Business and Management, Health and Community Services, Hospitality and Tourism, Design and Multimedia, Information Technology, and Engineering, Building and Construction.
Two TAFE colleges are located in the Perth metropolitan area: North Metropolitan TAFE and South Metropolitan TAFE, and three TAFE colleges are located in regional areas. This gives you greater choice and flexibility when choosing a campus.
More reasons to choose TAFE:
- Modern facilities designed to match real-life work environments.
- Premium training at an affordable cost.
- Part-time work - international students can work for 40 hours a fortnight during semesters and unlimited hours in semester breaks, using the skills provided by TAFE qualifications.
‘This course was amazing and provided a lot of new knowledge. What we learned we can apply. The lecturers were great and very helpful.’
– Joice from Indonesia studied an Associate Degree of Hospitality with TAFE International Western Australia.
Visit the TIWA course catalogue to view the full range of courses offered to international students.
Improve your English language skills for your TAFE studies and future career. Accredited by NEAS Australia, TAFE Western Australia’s English programs are specifically designed for our international students. Small classes taught by experienced and friendly teachers will ensure you reach your academic goal.
Your English skills will be assessed for placement in an appropriate class. You can study:
- General and Academic English
- English for Academic Purposes
- IELTS Ready Preparation/ IELTS Plus
- Vocational English courses.
‘I was first a little nervous because it was my first time preparing for IELTS exam. However, after studying English with teachers and classmates, I became more confident to prepare for the exam. Teachers gave us diverse topics to discuss with each other and to write essays about. I could also learn other cultures from various classmates.’
– Amy Yun from South Korea studied English with TAFE International Western Australia
RTO Provider 52395, CRICOS Provider 00020G
*Department of Education and Training biennial survey of international students, 2015.
Western Australian public primary and secondary schools provide high quality education, helping students and young people to reach their potential.
- View the full list of public schools approved to accept international students.
- Visit the TIWA website for more information about overseas student programs.
‘All the teachers are very helpful and the students are very friendly. I have made lots of friends. My best friends are all from different countries. We have had many school excursions. I have lived with several homestay families and all were great. Australia is a beautiful and free country. I love the beaches and the atmosphere in Australia.’
– Christina from Vietnam studied at Greenwood in Western Australia.
Schools cater for students from Year 1 (for children aged 6 years old by June 30 of that year) to Year 6 (for children aged 11 years by June 30 of that year). Primary schools teach across the learning areas of English, mathematics, science, history, the arts, technologies, health and physical education, languages, humanities and social science subjects.
Secondary school includes Years 7 (for students aged 12 years old by June 30 of that year) to 12 (for students aged 17 by June 30 of that year).When your child starts secondary school they will focus on of English, mathematics, science, humanities and social sciences, the arts, technologies, health and physical education, and languages. Students will have a structured timetable and are taught by specialist teachers.
The international student schools program in Western Australia is in high demand. TIWA recommends parents leave plenty of time for enrolment and choose four schools in their order of preference.
RTO Provider 52395, CRICOS Provider 01723A